Customer Operations Manager
About GaN Systems
GaN Systems is the global leader in GaN power semiconductors with the largest portfolio of transistors that uniquely address the needs of today’s most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors, and consumer electronics.
As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems makes possible the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. The company’s award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday’s silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems is enabling power conversion companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world.
The Customer Operation Manager will be responsible for creating exemplary experiences that make customers want to return to GaN Systems. The main objective is to elevate satisfaction and make it easy to do business with GaN Systems. This individual will be responsible leading a team of experienced customer facing individuals that communicate with customers, distributors, regional sales teams, and contracted sales representatives to understand requirements and facilitate company support where applicable. You would also be responsible for working with all internal teams and supply chain partners to drive execution in support of the customer requirements. The successful candidate will also be tasked with growing and managing the customer operations team (customer service, inside sales and customer program management).
Required Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, administration, commerce, marketing, or engineering is required
- Lead and improve upon strategies and processes that deliver on customer service activities and new requirements
- Lead and improve strategies and processes that improve new and existing inside sales activities
- Lead and improve upon strategies and processes that improve distributor programs for stocking and design registrations
- Work directly with customers and outside sales to facilitate, support, and improve process for customer program management services
- Minimum of 10 years sales/customer service experience preferred. Competent with systems and processes with the ability to develop and learn new ones
- Identify and pursue improvements to existing processes to maximize productivity and reduce risks
- Build internal relationships and knowledge to build effective processes that serve our customers needs
- Manage customer communication with a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Remove barriers to achieve monthly bookings and billings forecasts
- Proactively identify potential delivery issues and expedite commitments from production planner to resolve
- Implement measurements and metrics for on time delivery and order acknowledgments
- Monitor distributor inventory and resales to maintain appropriate stocking levels
- Manage customer sample requests
- Manage inventory and backlog to maximize shipping performance and customer satisfaction
- Monitor, support and ensure timely responses to customer requests for quotations
- Maximize the effectiveness of a newly implemented Netsuite ERP and CRM system
- Ensure use of ERP software to meet all order, shipping and change requirements
- Follow up on immediate opportunities to drive to revenue
- Develop good working relationships with key contacts at customers, distributors, and representatives
- Actively ensure customer purchasing contracts and supply agreements
- Analyze business and produce sales reports
- Lead management – work with outside sales and sales channels to follow up on leads in response to web, email, and telephone enquiries
- Ensure maintenance of CRM records for opportunities, target customers, meetings, quotes, etc
- English language is a must. Mandarin language is highly beneficial
- Knowledge and/or experience in the semiconductors or power electronics would be an advantage
GaN Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.